Grace began with twenty-five students in the fall of 1984, the result of a vision of a handful of families of Jackson Street Presbyterian Church, now Grace Presbyterian Church. These families desired to educate their children in the nurture and instruction of the Lord, as mandated by Scripture. Enrollment increased by more than double the second year and has grown steadily over the past thirty years. The school began and has remained a ministry of Grace Presbyterian Church and is overseen by a school board consisting of Grace Church members appointed by the church elders.
Come Grow in Grace
Member of Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Graduates receive state diploma; TOPS eligibility
Over 90% of graduating seniors enter major colleges and universities
Several students named as National Merit Scholars
Over 60% of our 11th and 12th graders taking dual-enrollment courses
Three-time recipient of the Ford Cup for Athletic Excellence
Servant leadership development through various activities
Biblical instruction in the classroom and weekly corporate worship in Chapel
Wifi access throughout the campus.
Grace Presbyterian Church
Current enrollment is approximately 370 students in Pre-K3 through 12th grade. Grace graduates receive a diploma issued by the state of Louisiana and our graduates are eligible for Louisiana TOPS. Grace students have been accepted at private and public universities in and out of the state. The universities include such schools as Wheaton, Sewanee, Baylor, Centenary, Tulane, LSU, Louisiana College, Louisiana Tech, as well as various others. Many of our graduates have received academic scholarships including National Merit Finalist scholarships. Grace offers dual enrollment classes partnering with Louisiana Tech, LSUA and Northwestern State University in which students earn up to 30 hours of college credit.
Grace’s curriculum provides the student with a college-preparatory education within the framework of Christian instruction and example. To this end, Grace offers students rigorous academic instruction, grounded in a desire to educate the heart. The education of our students is seen as a partnership between parents and the school to assist parents in fulfilling this God-given responsibility. Grace has up-to-date computer technology throughout the school including a computer lab as well as Internet access in the classrooms. The faculty has gone through a five-year program learning to incorporate technology into the classroom curriculum.
Grace Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin with all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, athletic activities or other school administered programs. All major Christian denominations are represented in our student body.
While Grace is a member in good standing with the Association of Christian Schools International, the school is also an active member in the Louisiana High School Athletic Association. Our athletes compete in cross-country, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, golf, tennis, and track.
For additional information and to schedule a visit, please call us at (318)445-8735 or contact:
High School Office Elementary Office
6th through 12th grade Pre-K through 5th grade
For more information, email us at Info@gcsla.org
GRACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL TODAY
Grace Christian School Statement of Faith:
All Scripture is self-attesting and, being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scripture. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us and empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced; and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly, and bodily – to judge the living and the dead, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelation 22:20)
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).
Grace Christian School is a ministry of Grace Presbyterian Church of Alexandria, Louisiana. Grace School uses the facilities of Grace Church, and operates under the authority of the church.
GRACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL 4900 JACKSON STREET ALEXANDRIA LA 71303 TELEPHONE HIGH SCHOOL (318) 449.9031 ELEMENTARY (318) 484.3960